Tuesday 28 April 2015

Miwok Countdown: 81 hours

My favorite running picture ever - courtesy of sarahseads (instagram).  Check my rearview out in Ultrarunning Magazine online!
The training is done.  The taper is almost done.  Less than 4 days out from the Miwok 100 2015 and I'm almost ready.  I have a growing pile of stuff on the floor ready to pack. I've been taking my vitamins, getting extra sleep, drinking extra water.  I've barely run this last week, because I felt that I needed a little more recovery after my last "long" run.

The one thing that I still need to prepare is my mind.  There has been so much going on in our lives this spring that I really have felt unprepared mentally up to this point.  In the past month I finished the bulk of my training, we listed and sold our house, I flew to Winnipeg for job interviews, I hosted 2 kids birthday parties, and participated in the annual Snow to Surf Race last Sunday.  I finally accepted a job offer today that I am very excited about (that allows me to specialize in treating running injuries), which has relieved a HUGE amount of stress and weight from my shoulders.  I realize now that my sense of "not being recovered" was chiefly the stress hanging over my head about our move.  The power of the mind.
Handing off after running a 2k sprint on Sunday in the Snow to Surf Relay. From 2K to 100K in 6 days!
Team ELM and Team ELM Too - a great group of active ladies in the Comox Valley!
So now I can really focus on getting ready to race.  Time to print out the course map and profile, mark out the aid stations, plan the drop bags and race strategy.  After a short run tomorrow the rest of my prep will be all mental which I know is 99% of what I know will get me to the finish line.

Next post: my race report!

No comments:

Post a Comment