Thursday 21 May 2015

Miwok 100 Pictures 2015

Better late than never!  Here are some pictures of the race course and my experience during the Miwok 100 on May 2, 2015.

4:50 am - excited to start!
I wrote the cut off times on arm just in case.  Ended up not needing them but I was prepared!
I believe this was leaving Muir Beach.








My support crew! Uncle Ken at Tennessee Valley Aid

Auntie Gloria cheering me on with style!

Tennessee Valley Aids 4 and 6


Knees started getting sore here...just pretend!

Amazing views - it was hard to keep my eyes on the trail and off the coastline!




Leaving Muir Beach the second time - ready to tackle Cardiac again!






Bolinas Ridge - peaceful beauty.  I remember being totally zen here.

California Poppies everywhere!

This is the forest where all started to go wrong for me.  Somewhere between Bolinas Ridge Aid and Randall Trailhead.
Sarah Seads - finished in 12:38 and qualified for Western States!  You are the best running buddy ever.

We survived!

The carnage.  Brand new socks with holes in them and patched shoes that barely made it,  but left me no blisters at all.  They were lovingly left in the trash at the finish line.

Auntie Gloria, myself and Sarah

The day after the race we hit Ben & Jerry's...with a good reminder of what running is all about!

Post race refuelling at Boudin Sourdough Bakery - who cares about the calories!
The Pierson Crew!

My aunt is so awesome - and thanks to my mom for the shirt!




1 comment:

  1. We had a ball supporting you and Sarah! You guys are amazing athletes!!!! What a journey! The coastline was beautiful, the weather was perfect - you guys were such determined runners - who does this kinda stuff????? The elevations were challenging - you were up to the task! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete